Gautam Uncle's Stories 1 । Do-Discover and Develop ।

We are starting the Best Short Stories for Adults series. Let's learn from Gautam Uncle's life.

Disclaimer: 1) Gautam uncle is an imaginary character. If you find any similarities with real people, it is a mere coincidence.

2) The purpose of this story series is to motivate the readers to think about the issue and learn from Gautam Uncle's life not to repeat it in our life.

3) The linked articles are from this blog itself. It is for the promotion of the blog posts. 

Here is the first story among the Best Short Stories for Adults series.

Gautam Uncle's Worry

Gautam uncle was sitting on his chair thinking something. He is in his 50-s, very few years to retire. He has 30 years of work experience. He joined a reputed company in his early 20-s through campus placement. He remembered the joy that his parents had when they came to know about his successful placement offers. He picked up a software company so that he can enjoy his passion. His starting salary was 3 LPA. Now it has progressed. He was leading a happy life with his family and friends. Now, his worry is all about his retirement. Suddenly, his grand-daughter said.

"Ajja, your face is like a sad tiger today".

Sad Tiger! Yes. I was like a tiger who roared at everyone and everything that I found wrong. Now...

"Hey Gautam uncle, how's everything going?" Mansi, His daughter's friend asked casually.

"Nothing my child." He replied.

"Uncle, you are not cheerful these days. What happened?"

"Mansi, yes, my child, I am not cheerful these days. Because I am turning my early 50-s. Retirement is near. What will I do after my retirement? There are no earnings. My daughter left us after giving birth to Lakshmi. All my wealth was invested in my children's education and their comfortable life. My son has migrated to UAE and not even contacting me. 

In the initial years of my service, I was focused on spending, spending, and only spending. I didn't listen to anyone's words. My parents were telling me to have a budget plan and save. Sangita also told me to create a budget plan. But in my early youth, I was focusing only on luxury. Buying so many things which are not necessary for me and my family. I was not saved anything for my last years. Now, I am in question about how to start saving. Could you please help me, Mansi?"

"Uncle, don't worry. You have five more years to retire. Start saving from now onwards. I know some friends who are financial advisors. They will help you to make a customized financial plan. In the meantime, you can browse the internet to have the basic lessons of saving. Or go through the linked article to start saving from today."

"Mansi, my child, I will educate myself about the same by going through the linked article on savings for beginners from children to retired persons.

HAVE A NICE DAY! "

***----------------------***

The very next day, Mansi came to Gautam Uncle's house with her friend Kiran who is a financial advisor. 

"Uncle, this is Kiran, a financial advisor. I told her about you and that you are seeking financial advisers. I am cent percent sure that Kiran can resolve your queries."

"Mansi, so kind of you my child. Come inside. Let's have our snacks. Then, we will discuss."

They had their tea and snacks.

"Uncle, as usual, your tea is so tasty."

"Thank you, dear." Gautam Uncle said.

After finishing their tea and snacks they sat on the Verandah to reduce the effects of summer heat.

"So, dear children, how do you know each other?" Uncle has broken the silence.

"Uncle, actually we were schoolmates. Then, I went abroad as my father's business was in London. I came back because I want to work here."

"That's a great thing, Nowadays, the Indian youth want to go abroad for so many reasons and they settle after a few years. People like you are very rare. May God bless you for your future."

"Gautam uncle and Kiran buddy, I have to go now. You may have your talk."

"Mansi, Take care, my child."

"You both too, see you later."

After Mansi disappeared from their sight, Gautam Uncle became quiet.

"Uncle, Mansi has told about you. But I want to know more from you." Kiran said.

"Kiran...!" Uncle sighed deeply. 

Kiran saw his pale face. She felt to wait for his response.

After a few while, "Kiran, I will tell you. I want to tell you. Otherwise, it will be unresolved."

On seeing the sunset, Gautam Uncle began.

"My career starts in my early 20-s with a placement offer in XYZ software company. My parents became very happy on seeing their son join a software company as soon as he graduated. I went to work as a software developer from Monday to Saturday having a duration of 9 am to 7 pm. Sunday was a holiday for me. So I spend time with my family and friends. I used to travel, have restaurant food, etc. Built a new house. I Bought a Benz car. Spend on my children's education expecting they will take care of me in my old age. Gradually, the situation was changing. My parents were in their old age. So, their health was declining. Then, my daughter went abroad for her higher studies. But I did some overwork. Spend a lot on other luxuries to show off in front of friends and relatives. Now, my parents are not there with me. Also my daughter. My son! He is not even contacting me after settling abroad. 

I am telling you all these things to aware you of my position right now; when I was earning, that time I spent a lot. Now very few years to retire. There are no savings. I don't know whether I can build a wealth corpus within these five years."

"Uncle, don't worry, past is past. We will look into your issue. I will tell you some passive income methods beyond investment too. So, that you can make your mind more clear to achieve your financial goals."

***-------------------***

After a few days, Kiran came to meet Gautam uncle and told about some basic plans of investments. Uncle took one basic plan to invest after a detailed analysis of him.

Gradually, Gautam uncle understood the power of money in making of its own. Now, he is relieved. Still, something was there in him. What was that?

***----------------------***

"Uncle Ji, is everything okay?" That was Mansi.

" All fine, dear." 

"Oh!Good! But you seem to be disturbed by something!"

"True, Mansi."

" What happened uncle?"

"Mansi, now, I have everything. I have financial freedom, I have good health, wealth, and all material things. But, there is something lacking in me. I am trying to find out about that, Mansi."

"Uncle, as you said, you have everything, except a tranquil mind. Do you have anything to share with this world; especially with the younger generation of your children. Think about it, uncle."

"Yes, dear, I will work on finding out whether anything pulling me down and persuading me to share with this world. Thank you."

Mansi took leave from Gautam uncle and went out of his home. Gautam Uncle began to find out THAT SOMETHING to share with the younger generation.

***----------------------***

( To be continued )

Best Short Stories for Adults

 #gautamunclestories #bestshortstoriesforadults

Comments

Reach out

Name

Email *

Message *

Discover here

  blog search directory Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

Quote of the Day